Kyitsel-ling , Tibetan Children’s Education Centre
The Kyitsel-ling Tibetan Children’s Education Center, a charitable institution of the Tibetan Children’s Education and Charitable Society, aims to help all the children in its care receive a top-notch education and carry on their rich cultural legacy.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To help the cause of educating Tibetan children in India.
- To provide a centre for children to stay in when their parents need to travel for business, ensuring uninterrupted schooling.
- To help transmit the rich cultural heritage of the Tibetans to the next generation.
- To instil in Tibetan children traditional moral values—non-violence and universal brotherhood.
- To provide quality education to the children under our care.
- To cooperate and collaborate with other institutions in the field of education in India.
- To help fulfil the broad aims of H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama of educating Tibetan children in exile.
- To undertake and assist in the development programme and projects among the poor and needy, the backward, the underprivileged, the handicapped, and the sick.
- To maintain links with other NGOs regarding the achievements of the society.
- To establish educational institutions and support the effort of the government to eradicate illiteracy.
- To help and be of service to the aged, the weakest, and the poorest segments of our community.